Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trendy Me

Hey, a girl can dream. I was so pleased with myself earlier this year when I noticed that colorful banners made of pennant flags were popping up everywhere in the home-deco/craft-happy world. I usually don't notice a trend until it has appeared everywhere first. But not this time. No, I was right there when the paper versions started making the rounds. I even managed to notice that there weren't any crochet versions popping up yet.

Woo hoo!

So I hopped on the boat and came up with this nifty little thread crochet banner with a slogan that just snarks "me". Even came up with a second, more complicated version that I'll post later this week. (I may actually have finally learned to space out my publishing efforts.) There I was, mid-April 2010 with the banners done and both looking kind of cute, even if I did say so myself. I say a lot myself. Anyway...

May = Getting too hot outside to think properly.
June = Hotter!
July = Hotter!
August = Oh dear Lord!
September = Ooo, I can think again.
October = Hey, I need to write those patterns.
November = Oh yeah, and the charts.
December = Where's my camera?

And now, only a few short months later - I present to one and to all, the Wahoo Pennant Banner:



Pattern available at Ravelry.

I'd post it here, but it's kind of long - 5 pages. Big charts, lots of words. What can I say?

Hope you enjoy this little offering.

Come experience the wonders at the trailing end of a trend with me.

Hook On!
C

No comments: