Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Holidays - Surly Cat style

I finished these a while ago but haven't been able to photograph them worth a puny little darn. (That is the weeniest swear I have ever perpetrated.) But I wanted to share the joy:


Happy Hanukkah!

I know little about Hanukkah but I don't like how most non-Jewish crafters seem to ignore this wonderful ancient holiday. Besides, how often is royal blue an appropriate cat color?



Merry Christmas!

Something I'm more familiar with, although we weren't much for holly in the Rio Grande Valley. Never snowed down there during my Cretaceous Period youth so evergreens were pretty limited to fuzzy artificial trees and fake wreaths under the Advent Candles. "Fresh" trees were available but they were so dry by the time they got all the way down to the RGV that the huge trail of pine needles through the parking lot in town, the car, the garage and then the house was too much hassle for the regular folk. Ooo. And my aunt, the hip working divorce', had a trendy silver tree. I loved that thing. Even if I can't remember if the ornaments were blue or pink. It was like visiting Hollywood. But I loved assembling our tree back home with my parents and brother even more. Cats underfoot, TV specials playing in the background and of course a happy, funny family now halved and tired.


Anyway...


Surly Turkey Kitty

At least it's a great excuse to have ridiculous amounts of turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie and pecan pie and cool whip and those cool "heat and serve" rolls all over again. Just have to remember not to try and dress up the cats.

Hook On!
C

No comments: